|Did You Know?|
There is greater demand for housing in the United States today than there has been in decades. By making long-term commitments to the communities in which they invest and build, NRHC member companies – large and small – are providing families with more options for stabilized, quality, and affordably-priced housing in neighborhoods that should be accessible to all Americans. Consider:
- There are 870,000 more renter households today than there were at the beginning of the COVID health pandemic. (Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies)
- In 2020, there were 65,000 entry-level homes built in the United States. During the 1970s the number of entry-level homes built in the United States routinely surpassed 420,000 annually. (Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Over the last five years, the amount of owner-occupied housing in the United States has increased more than 10% while the amount of rental housing has increased just over 2%. (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Between 2018 and 2020 the housing stock deficit increased by 52% as the undersupply of homes in the U.S. soared from 2.5 million units to 3.8 million units. (Freddie Mac)
- The COVID health crisis has led to a surge in migration with 1 in 10 Americans moving to a new market in 2020. Population migration leads to greater demand for rental housing. (Zillow)
Single-Family Rental (SFR) Properties Owned by NRHC Member Companies
Owned by NRHC Member Companies
No Properties Owned by NRHC Member Companies
NRHC Announces New Membership Program for Individual Property Owners and Small Businesses. If you are an individual or small business owner with 25 or fewer single-family rental home properties, join NRHC today and be a part of the only national organization representing your interests as a rental home property owner.
WHO WE ARE
The National Rental Home Council (NRHC) is the trade association dedicated to advocating on behalf of the single-family rental industry and its residents.
FRAUD PREVENTION RESOURCES
NRHC members are on the front lines of preventing and responding to fraud in the single-family rental industry.
The NRHC is accepting new member applications from qualified applicants.