NRHC’s policy platform is designed to encourage a more robust level of housing investment and development, and to ensure legislative and regulatory frameworks exist to incentivize, and encourage, housing providers to augment and enhance the range of housing options available to both homeowners and renters.
Key points in NRHC’s policy platform include:
- Addressing the housing supply crisis by investing in communities and neighborhoods to support a housing market that can meet the needs of all Americans and their families
- Enhancing the diversity of housing opportunities by creating and delivering a greater range of choice for housing consumers
- Advocating for common sense regulation governing housing development, specifically reducing NIMBYism at the local level
- Creating policy that allows builders to do what they do best – build more housing, both ‘for sale’ and ‘for rent’
- Opposing efforts to bottleneck the flow of capital and investment into local housing markets